Sam and I are cashing in some Christmas vouchers and making a weekend of it by staying overnight in the city and going out for a yummy dinner (I'll blog about that next week). This means my mum and sister will be taking the boys to soccer tomorrow morning then home with them. My sister is taking the two eldest to the footy on Saturday night and then they are all going to my niece's dancing concert on Sunday! Thank goodness for babysitters! But what all this means is that I have to be super organised - and I'm not because as fate would have it, winter illnesses have struck this week! House is also upside down and laundry a mess. Not exactly the calm lead up to Blogopolis I had imagined.
I've been reading lots of posts about being ready for Blogopolis. I made a list of things I need to remember but I've only done bits and pieces. So this is where I'm at:
* I've printed off ticket and schedule - hopefully I will remember to pack them.
* I'm bringing my notepad that I use to scribble stuff in but it's not packed either - hopefully I'll remember a pen.
* I have business cards - nothing fancy and hopefully I'll get to give some out, as well as collect a couple of hundred :)
* Was planning to buy some chocolate to bring along, but never got around to it - and I'm not going to supermarket with the boys now! If any chocoholics want to befriend me tomorrow, please feel free :)
* Planning to charge phone and iPad tonight. Camera got charged this week. I've read a few posts/tweets mentioning crappy wi-fi at conferences. Hope it's not too crappy as I will be relying on it. If it all goes haywire and phone runs out of battery etc, I'm just going to go with flow...and blog about it when I get back home!
* I was planning to have my hair cut, coloured and blow dried this week but I just couldn't squeeze it in so I'll be the one with the crappy hair that badly needs a cut and colour... Every other blogger seems to be looking gorgeous (have seen lots of nice hair pics on Twitter and Instagram this week).
* Finally, what to wear? As one wise blogger said, clothes would be a good idea :) I think I've got that covered then! Seriously though, I lack clothes that aren't older than a decade...my wardrobe seriously needs some attention. I'm taking the advice of "smart casual" and "comfortable" so I'll be wearing jeans (hopefully not a no no) and dressing them up with a tailored jacket and scarf (I had to buy something new to celebrate Blogopolis)! My outfit is kind of boring but since I don't buy myself many things, it's a treat for me. I can only thank God this isn't a fashion blogger's conference!
I'm not that nervous about attending the conference. I think I was more nervous when I bought the tickets! No doubt this will change overnight and tomorrow I'll be a bundle of excited/nervous butterflies...
Can't wait to learn heaps and meet some of the bloggers that I admire so much! See you all there! Please say hello if you see me :)
Linking this post to FYBF over at With Some Grace!